In the photo: One of PennSMART's next-generation Smart IoT lighting fixtures.
PennSMART, based in Branford, Conn., is the Internet of things (IoT) light division of Penn Globe. The firm’s lighting products feature sensors and integrated intelligence discreetly embedded inside the framework of the light pole.
The company’s next-generation Smart IoT lighting features dynamic surveillance cameras and full sensor arrays. The fixtures are suited for streetscapes and pedestrian walkways in smart cities and connected campuses.
The firm’s products offer versatility. The equipped light poles can help scare away an intruder, capture video of a perpetrator, measure snowfall to trigger the arrival of snowplows, and support a range of other functions.
Key product features include:
• Discreet security surveillance "under the trees" where vision is not obstructed
• LED-driven and available for new installation or retrofit
• 360 degree motion sensor video cameras to trigger programmable bright lights
• Police/Security notification in real-time (within 3 seconds)
• Gunshot sensor notifications
• Facial mapping (beyond recognition) using GPUs
• Glass-break sensors
• Precipitation sensors (to measure snowfall and notify snowplow crews)
• Emergency blue lights
• Data collection (e.g. license plate readers, traffic flow and patterns)
• Digital signage (amber alerts, evacuation notices, community and entertainment events)
• Analytical software
The firm's municipal lighting offerings can operate on sustainable energy. The company's products are used in retrofits and LEED-certified new installations.
Lights can be programmed to run at dimmed level during peak consumption times, and instantly flood the area with light (in a range of colors and strobes) when triggered by one of numerous sensors.
PennSMART's IoT lighting solutions provide communities with the ability to discreetly monitor, detect and analyze all activity taking place in the vulnerable areas under the trees, providing increased security where people live, work and play.
PennSMART, a division of Penn Globe (The Pennsylvania Globe Gaslight Company) offers machine-to-machine solutions for lighting, security andof cities, towns, university campuses and other public spaces. The company's energy-efficient and LEEDS-certified Smart IoT lighting systems provide real-time access to innovations in monitoring, surveillance, and data collection technology.
In the video, see some of the features of the firm’s lighting products that can help make communities safe.